We want to support everyone to be the change they wish to see in the world. We understand that this is not about grand gestures, it's about helping individuals. Through a constant drive to enrich and develop our people, we can create a group of schools capable of achieving this goal. We will remember this in everything we do, everything we say, every action we take, everything we promote. By keeping this focus, we aim to be an influential contributor to the world of education and an example to others.
Enabling everyone within the Trust to harness their own power and potential.
To create amazing learning opportunities for children and for generations to come. To play our part in helping all pupils to contribute to making the world a better place.
As a trust we will:
- Work ethically and with mutual respect and collaboration.
- Provide a caring and safe environment where responsible, tolerant and principled global citizens can grow.
- Develop creative, enquiring and resilient learners with ambition and a thirst for knowledge.
- Promote success and celebrate effort.
- Provide a vibrant, challenging and enriching curriculum by encouraging fresh approaches and outward-looking ideas.
- Ensure that all staff have outstanding continual professional development and feel appreciated and supported.
- Embrace technologies and new ways of working, to reflect the changing needs of our world.
- Play a significant part in our strong community and provide support for all the families within it.
- Recognise the diverse needs of our community, to ensure that pupils from all backgrounds thrive.
The Mast Academy Trust was established in December 2016 to build upon strong, existing partnerships around the pupils and families in our locality through Academy status. The Trust currently comprises of four schools across the 4-13 years age range. We are a collaborative Trust, with all leaders supporting the development of Mast within the context of an Executive Leadership Team. Working strategically together, within our Pyramid of schools and with other services, we aim to transform provision and outcomes for pupils and their families.
Alongside its improvement work in its current member academies, the Trust plans to work actively with other schools and the Regional Schools Commissioner (RSC) to grow its family of academies once established. This will facilitate enhanced system-led improvements, opportunities for collaboration between leaders and staff within the organisation and better economies of scale as required in the challenging educational climate.
Over time, Mast will provide an opportunity for schools to convert to academy status. So, how is Mast different? We encourage schools to join us over time if they wish to:
- Remain individual in that they thrive in their own context and in line with their own vision and values.
- Work with us in partnership in order to secure better outcomes for pupils.
- Join a truly collaborative Trust that has capacity to support school improvement pertinent to school needs.
- Access services to support financial effectiveness.
- Access services to support improvements to teaching and learning.
- Expect a flexible and individual approach so that support is tailored to needs.
- Access opportunities for close partnership working with the Local authority, RSC and local Teaching Schools, so that academy needs come first.